This Gothic Style House restoration project located within the Conservation area of Ladbroke Grove has started on site.
RBD obtained planning permission to replace all existing aluminum framed double glazed windows, an existing timber framed double glazed main roof light and to install an air conditioning external condenser on the main roof, concealed behind the existing mansard. The windows have been replaced by Hugo Carter using Silent Windows. Silent windows is acoustic insulated glass that dramatically reduces traffic noise in your property.
This house was originally part of a vicarage and became a separate dwelling in 1863. The house was built using left over bath stone from St. John’s Church located next to the house.
The street, Ladbroke Grove, is named after James Weller Ladbroke, who developed the Ladbroke Estate in the 1840s. It was originally a rural area on the western edges of London. Construction at the southern end by Holland Park Avenue began in the 1830s, but the road was not fully developed to Harrow Road until the 1870s. The area nearest the application site is on a hill and is predominantly residential. St John’s church is a local landmark and was built in 1845 to make the surrounding planned development of houses more desirable