HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SELF BUILD?
How much profit could i make on a self build?
A self build project could make as much as 25% profit in the final value of the home in relation to the build costs.
On average, a self build house will cost somewhere between £1,000 and £3,000/m² to build.
You will also need to be aware of the factors that may cause your build costs to skyrocket, such as:
- Location: land prices and labour costs will vary across the country
- Size: the bigger the house, the more expensive it will be to build (although careful design can help achieve some economies of scale)
- Plan, shape and layout: the simplest and most cost-effective floorplan is square
- Number of storeys: multiple storeys make better use of the land and can reduce foundation and roof costs per m²
- Specification: if you want premium or non-standard products, expect your build costs to rise considerably
- Involvement: depending on how much of the work you are capable of taking on yourself, you can substantially reduce your build costs
SELF BUILD AND THE BUILDING REGULATIONS
All new homes need to adhere to the Building Regulations, and as such, a building inspector will visit at key stages of the build to inspect the work and ensure it complies. These stages include:
- excavation for the foundations
- pouring concrete for building foundations
- building the oversite
- building the damp-proof course
- a visit prior to completion
- a final visit on completion
If you are looking to carry out an new build development in London or the South of England, then please get in touch with our team for further information.
Call: 020 7193 7245 or email: email@example.com
© RBD Architecture & Interiors